Personalized & Corporate Training Available
choose from our topics or inquire for specific needs
423-668-6020 / email@example.com
108 BAXTER STREET / 37415 (directly off Dayton Boulevard)
Location: 100 CHEROKEE BOULEVARD / 37405
(FYI - park in the Renaissance Park parking lot)
Entrepreneur Bookkeeping: Top Ten Bookkeeping Mistakes Small Businesses Should Avoid
Mondays: August 7, September 11, *October 16, November 6, December 4
***Please note: our October 16th class will be held 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. for Startup Week
Time: 12:00 Noon till 1 p.m.
Are you an entrepreneur, small business owner or considering starting your own business? It’s important to keep your finances tidy! Learn 10 of the most common bookkeeping mistakes and practical, efficient solutions to overcome them. Topics include: how to classify workers, cloud accounting and apps, receipt requirements, meal expenses and more. Bring your questions!
145 people attended this class in 2016. Here's a few survey compliments we received: "Helped me understand next steps for my business." "It cleared up some basic accounting questions." "Extremely informative and helpful."
Click HERE to register
2017 QuickBooks Online (QBO) Course #1 - Basics & setup (One 3-hour class)
October 23rd, 9 a.m. till Noon
Are you new to QuickBooks Online? Join us for an overview of how it works and learn best practices for bookkeeping in QBO. Active clients of the TSBDC are eligible to receive a reduced rate for QuickBooks set up. Contact your counselor to learn more. You can have QBO Quick Start, QBO Essentials or QBO Plus for this class. Here’s what we’ll be covering:
· Overview – how to move around and browser hints
· How to set up/change your chart of accounts
· Which accounts do you need or not need
· Set up items or services that you sell
· Syncing with bank and credit cards
· Using the renaming rules to help QBO learn your business
· How to set up vendors and customers
· How to write and print checks
· Tips for moving around, setting preferences, and customizing, to make your processes more efficient.
· How to customize and pull basic reports
All levels of users welcome. Bring your laptop and questions. (Laptops will be provided upon request.)
October 23 - registration link coming soon
$125 per person
2017 QUICKBOOKS ONLINE (QBO) COURSE #2 - Level Two (ONE 3-HOUR CLASS)
August 28th, 9 a.m. till Noon
November 13th, 1 - 4 p.m.
If you’re an entrepreneur, you know how tricky it is to determine whether you’ve made enough money to pay yourself, much less anyone else! Learn how to:
· Set up your company payroll in QBO and what you need to do ahead of time
· 1099 or employee discussion
· How to pay your taxes each month
· Payroll cycles, direct deposit, and tax info
· Advanced reporting – how to make and send management reports
· How to job cost if you have QBO Essentials or QBO Plus
· How to bill a client for a cost
· Advanced preference features
· Any other issues you may have
**This is an intermediate-to-advanced level QBO class.
All levels of users welcome. Bring your laptop and questions.
August 28th Registration link
$125 per person
2017 QUICKBOOKS APPS - COURSE #3 (ONE 2-HOUR CLASS)
September 11th, 9 - 11 a.m.
November 6th, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Find out how to let your bookkeeping software and integrated applications do your bookkeeping for you. Want to get rid of your filing cabinet? Want to get rid of hand-written time sheets? Tired of trying to find all those receipts? There’s an app for that!
We will review: time tracking with GPS locator, automating payroll hours entry, receipt capturing, bill paying, mileage tracking, and many more. You will learn about discounts available through us for various apps.
Free with attendance of Course #1 or Course #2. Otherwise $25 per person.
Counselor sign-up or call-in registration only. Instructions here or call the TSBDC at: 423-756-8668.
June 2017 Class at BrightBridge
(Located at 535 Chestnut Street, Suite 161 / 423-424-4220)
Did you miss our June 15th class? No worries! Call our office for an appointment!
- Financial Management for Entrepreneurs: Your Bridge to Brighter Bookkeeping
You could also call this - “Help! I started a company!” – and we’d know exactly what you mean. It’s easy to focus on the splashy externals of drawing in new customers before establishing necessary & practical internal processes and procedures. But now that you’re ready to get down to business, where do you start? Lynn Talbott will teach you bookkeeping basics such as: what to include in your chart of accounts, which meals & entertainment can be deducted at which percentages, understanding the difference between your Balance Sheet and your P&L, knowing what’s considered equity vs. an asset, how to help keep your accountant happy, and more!
Classes at HRBiz Except Where Noted
Sales & Use Taxes for Businesses ($50)
(How to Pass an Audit with Flying Colors)
2017 - Dates TBD
Time: 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
ALL BUSINESSES WHO SELL PRODUCT IN THE STATE OF TN SHOULD ATTEND THIS SEMINAR. The TN Department of Revenue will audit you at some point in the first 5 years of business - usually with little warning.
We will cover how to calculate your sales tax:
- How to "add back" merchant services fees to your income
- How to file with the TN Department of Revenue
- If you "round up" your product to include sales tax, how to "de-calculate" it
- What to do if you give away product
- Out of state sales (taxable or not?)
- How to keep records for an audit
- What is it?
- Who pays it?
- How do I calculate my use tax?
- How do I report use tax?
QuickBooks Desktop for Non-profits
QuickBooks Online & Apps for Non-profits
PLEASE NOTE: Held at the Center for Non-profits (630 Market Street)
Did you miss our May 17th classes? Call us for an appointment! Bring your laptop & questions. We work with all levels of users.